RCU Forums - View Single Post - Propel HPR. Does it make fore a better fuel?
Old 11-24-2022, 02:22 PM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 76 Likes on 69 Posts

I have engines that ran on DDD fuel and turned identical rpm and handled identically on my homebrew fuel using K1 Kerosene from the local farm and fleet shop (intended for home heating). Incidentally, my engines run identical using Jet A as well. Only difference is slightly less soot. To think Kerosene is different in the US versus anywhere else is kinda silly as kerosene is refined off of the same stocks which mostly come from the same part of the world. The bigger difference is the crap synthetic oils everyone is obsessed with in the USA. I do not use any synthetic oil in my model diesel fuel - only virgin castor. (Benol is not suitable IMO either).

I consider: Amsoil Cetane Boost to be about 90% as effective as IPN. JD Ether as pure when decanted from the can. K1 Kerosene works as well as Jet A which which works dead equal if not better than DDD fuel. I’ve gotten almost 11,000rpm from an ST .45 converted to diesel turning a 13x6 prop on my homebrew fuel. Single flip starts, good throttling, etc. I don’t buy the generalizations from the last couple posts because my experience has shown all of that to be false.