RCU Forums - View Single Post - Centurion update
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 09:25 AM
Fsttanks

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jarndice
If you are in the USA you will save yourself 19% VAT (Value added tax) which the inhabitants of the UK will have to pay so that must surely help with your postal charges.
So after deducting 19% you should be paying $448.85 plus postage.
Yes and no. If I/we use PayPal to pay I will get charged sales tax of 8.5% (not everyone payed this with PayPal but where I live we do) and then if CC direct pay there is the hit or miss possibility of import duties on top of everything else especially if it’s not sent FedEx or UPS and our postal service gets their hands into the delivery mix. The size and weight of tank boxes seems to draw their attention LOL. It doesn’t always happen but enough to be concerned about and factored into the potential total cost.

Same thing applies when buying direct from Japan although the import duties happen less often then from England or Europe. Probably because I am on our West Coast and fewer eyes have time to see it LOL.

With tax and possible import duties it’s either 8.5% or close to 20% ontop for either tank. Just don’t know until it is delivered or I get the pick up at our facility notice with fees due.

Right now I am starting to lean more heavily toward the Haya vs another Tamiya Centurion. The more I see and learn about it the more it appears to offer.

The following users liked this post:
Pcomm1.v2 (11-25-2022)