RCU Forums - View Single Post - Centurion update
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2022, 09:34 PM
RichJohnson

Received 374 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Pcomm1.v2
Rich,
TD tanks, is that the M-60 your referring too? Considered the Tamiya Centurion, but I do not trust their new RC Tank kits after the Type 10 and Abrams builds. Plus parts availability to maintain them is sketchy and the underwhelming newer kit engineering is sad, which as you know is not to say building and painting a kit is not fun.

If the Haya Centurion is a disappointment I will let you all know, but I will give it a shot and learn it’s new systems, well new to me. Total delivered cost to me is $565.34USD
The Haya invoice is in British money.
John

yes the M60 and Centurion by Tongde and Coolbank models jointly. That’s what I’m speaking of.

However John, I have seen a few Tamiya Centurian now and man are they nice well engineered models. I know Fsttanks drives his really hard and so far has not needed any spares. All he had done is break a couple track ends off which the real ones did sometimes.

Those of us serious guys know to stock up on needed spares for our nice builds, I have stocked up on Tamiya Sherman parts since I’m so invested there, I have many packs of rubber tires to last my models years into the future as well as about six or seven sets of new track and trannys gear packs as I seem to chew them up more than most though I have come up with a way to fit better trannys in now.
Same with the Leopard 1 tanks I seem to like so much. Spares for the chassis and even new rubber tires.
Eventually we should see spares for the centurion available from Tamiya when their production catches up.

just remember that Haya comes with a Clark board. Which I would toss to the resale bin instantly as it’s not worth me using, I know you have disliked their controls as well in the past, so right now the only option is graft in a Tamiya system if you have one or buy a henglong radio and mfu which I have seen people doing since the new 7 and 7.1 are so good.
I myself an saddened at the lack of good aftermarket systems available any more. The DKTank seems to work great ins skid steer mode but not in modern tank driving mode at all. It’s calibration is off bad on one side. So I may move some DKT boards into Sherman’s and salvage those IBu2s and use them for more modern projects but they are aging and I’ve already had one fail it’s IR battle damage scoring but still drive.
Im waiting for the Tamiya DMD11s from the centurian to come in stock for use in my leopards.
The following users liked this post:
Pcomm1.v2 (11-25-2022)