RCU Forums - View Single Post - Katana 50 by Hangar 9
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 08:10 AM
N1EDM
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't recall having an issue with my Katana, though admittedly it was e-powered. I've since lost it (dumb thumbs). Power was a Axi 4120/14, 4S4000 LiPo and 80A ESC.

I have also owned a Saito 72, for the record, and don't think that there will be a great weight difference.

If it were me, I don't think that I would change out the pull-pull on the rudder - that rudder is a lot of wind-catcher to be sticking out in the breeze and, IMHO, the pull-pull would be more effective than a single pushrod and servo placed back aft.

I think that cutting the structure and putting a rudder servo back aft might be overkill just to save putting on a few stick-on weights. I wish I had my Katana back. It was one of my Top-10 Favorite planes of all time.

It seems to me that you could mock the system up easily and see how the balance goes between a glow-system and an e-system. The pull-pull-wires and extra rudder control horn would be negligible and could probably be left out of the equation while you check this out. It might be an interesting exercise that would only take about 1-2 hours to check out on a rainy afternoon (and there are no football games to watch :-) )

Just my opinion...

Bob