RCU Forums - View Single Post - Alm Meca Turbines
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2022, 06:58 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Definitely some interesting points you have highlighted, I would say this would make you the minority not the majority when it comes to the higher end gear such as the Core you mentioned.
However when it comes to radios Spectrum do cater more to this demographic and maybe Jet Central when it comes to turbines (both make great products but keep simplicity in mind when making products for the end user).

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
See I'd go for the older vehicle too but only if it was priced as such.
example: I have zero interest in all the telemetry stuff in today's radios such as the powerbox core. That being the case I struggle with paying the price for so many features I won't use. If they brought out a core with the same quality radio link and the basic features I need, mixing, dual rates, etc but none of the telemetry or internet ability I'd buy that radio BUT! Only if it was significantly cheaper. If the full feature core is $3000 I'd expect a basic one without all those features to be $2000. If they were both the same price I'd buy the one with all the features.

I love old tech turbines because nobody wants them anymore so I can buy them for dirt cheap compared to a brand new current engine. If I was being forced to pay brand new money you can bet that I'm going to buy the latest and greatest.
But as I say, the consumer will decide with their wallets. There is nothing innovative about this engine to make someone choose it over the xicoy or king tech etc. If you want to pay extra for old tech hey, good on ya. But man people are giving feedback about this engine and you are trying to argue with what the market actually wants.