RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Tigre Fuel Issue... Lol yup another one.
Old 12-01-2022, 09:35 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunterxc
Hi & thanks in advance to all.
I believe I've remedied my carb issues on the G34H
that I'm operating on. My question to you all is this:
If I have the carb open, and spin the engine over, would i feel a significant amount of vacuum pull on my finger if i held it over the intake? Carb is clean, about 3/4 open on the idle mix, 2 1/2 turns open on the high side. Spray tube orifice is facing the crankshaft. This engine has sat for 10+ years, and I'm asking this because I'm wondering since I'm not experiencing that much vacuum, i may possibly have a stuck ring. The engine will flood quickly, but the only way I'm getting fuel to the plug is by sticking my finger over the exhaust. Compression seems great, my estimation is probably no more than 4 total running hours on it. The engine is upside down by the way, in a Concept 30 SR. Thanks again for any help!!
I would say "only to a point". because if you plug the intake and turn the engine over the only air going in the cylinder is the air sucking-in from the exhaust port, and at that the air goes back out as the piston travels upward.

if your compression is "great" as you say I would think most likely your ring is not stuck.

Flooding: I can't say I know about your engine, but all the 2st I have had, their High needle tunes in less than 2 full turns. try leaning it to 2 turns. but. most likely your carb needs a good cleaning to remove all the dried oil. pull out the High needle and soak the carb & needle in fuel for 2 or 3 days.

another thing about flooding; if the High needle was turned all the way in and over tightened the needle's "taper" could have been damaged. that could cause flooding. pull the needle out and look close at the taper to see if the tapper is smooth. if the taper has a concaved ring around it most likely you will need a new needle.

edit; BTW, some upside-down engines do flood because the carb doesn't stop syphoning fuel. if you have a large ID fuel tubing try a smaller ID tubing.
Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 12-01-2022 at 09:51 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by the Wasp:
Hunterxc (12-03-2022), Zabriel (12-03-2022)