RCU Forums - View Single Post - Carl Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 Brotherhood.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:43 AM
Outrider6
My Feedback: (2)

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by tlmunn
I posted my inquiry on the fb page for carl goldberg models and it seems that mine could be the kit with the modded top wing mounting and i would say the builder did the dual servos for the ailerons .I may take some pics and post them here .My wing is held in place with wings and the wing struts go down over the top of the tabs in the wing and not beside the tabs like every other model or plan I have seen.
I am currently building a Goldberg Ultimate from a set of plans and a stack of balsa, plus the landing gear, canopy, cowl and wheel pants, and all hardware, which I had to source aftermarket. I am using very little lite ply in mine, to save weight and actually be stronger, but not as "tough". I have re-designed the top wing attachment to use two screws into the bottom of the top wing, instead of the pin as designed in the kit. I am using two wing servos in the bottom wing, and the upper ailerons will be driven by connecting rods. My outer wing struts will screw onto the sides of the tabs in the wings (similar to the kit). I did think about making the wing tabs go into pockets on the struts, but didn't want to add complexity.

I can't be certain from your description, but it seems that yours might be a modified original kit. If you are able to post some pictures that show the internal structure, those of us familiar with the plane might be able to tell more.