RCU Forums - View Single Post - Rochobby Willys Jeep, 1/6 scale RC
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 02:17 PM
Tankhobby

Received 76 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Crius
I definitely agree about the height of the seats and the windshield. You should see it with the top on, the drivers head presses against the top from the inside and puts a little hump in the top that's quite noticeable. I just might try to lower the seats and see if that helps. Fortunately, the SAS Jeep doesn't have a windshield so I don't have to worry about that. The other thing I really don't like is the crate that's molded in. They had to do that to accommodate the suspension but I think they should have just used leaf springs to begin with and then they wouldn't have that problem. Not to mention that it would be much more accurate that way.
The seats can be removed pretty easily, I took them apart when I painted the jeep. One thing about some of the parts is that they are made from flexible plastic so down the road the paint may chip off. These are the seat frames and the "canopy" bars. Another note (I don't recall if it's been mentioned) you can get an RC switch and put it between the headlight plug and receiver to control turning the headlights on and off. I noticed the headlights are LEDs but there are no rear LED lights. I'm thinking of tapping into the headlight voltage and putting some small red LEDs for the rear lights. That will look a lot nicer when I run it at night.
The following users liked this post:
Old MSgt (12-14-2022)