RCU Forums - View Single Post - Safety First Amigos
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 01:57 PM
aymodeler
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jcmors
Good points! I too am generally supportive of the FTCA. They have a fresh approach to the hobby and do a good job of generating interest by younger people.

There has been talk of competition between CBOs, I don't see there being a need to choose. I am an AMA member, I also paid for a membership in the FTCA because they are doing good things for the hobby, my hobby, regardless of which CBO or CBOs I may decide to support. Similarly to not feeling I have to choose, I don't believe that supporting an organization has to be an all or nothing commitment. By that I mean that I can see good things in the AMA (in my case being able to fly with a friendly group of folks at a relatively local flying field) and I can be critical of and point out negatives in other aspects.

So it can be with the FTCA as well. Supporting their general philosophy, being a member or not, doesn't mean you can't see and express your opinion on things that you feel aren't good about something that is being done.
I couldn't have said it any better myself. We are very much on the same page here!