RCU Forums - View Single Post - BajaHobby L39
Thread: BajaHobby L39
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2023, 02:08 PM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
So due to time, weather and circumstance I finally got my new L39 into the air. I have to tell you, man I love this jet. I forgot how smooth and easily it flies and yet how agile it can be at the same time. It really is a great flyer. And low passes with the smoke on just look incredible. I forgot how much fun it is. I also forgot how much fuel I can burn through in a day lol, especially at these prices. On my original L39 I would have a bit of an issue with the nose gear door not closing unless I am straight and level on take off. So when I built this one I changed the servo geometry for the nose gear door and reinforced the vertical plates. Problem solved. However, on this jet, I had a problem with the right main door not closing all the way. Initially I thought this may be a geometry issue also but now I just think it may be the servo as it did not feel very smooth when I cycled it by hand. I will play with it and see. I did not really have any issues with the brakes but I am using a LG15 controller and as I flew on grass it is a bit easier to stop. Anyone on the fence for a large L39 should strongly give this one some consideration.
Thanks,
Tone
Your post sums up the jet very well Tone, it's an absolute joy to fly!

The flight envelope is incredible as the jet will happily fly slow or fast, inverted or perform knife edge with ease, landings are slow and smooth and flight times are well beyond what I require. I’m yet to add smoke so this will be the next thing ill install 😊