RCU Forums - View Single Post - Advice
Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 05:37 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

the typhon would work great for that. iv got experience with 1/8 scale nitro buggy's on gravel-ish terrain and it worked great. only down side (and you'll have this with anything) is gravel in the gears. it will get up in the chassis and will eventually get into the spur gear and can damage the spur (steel spur gear will help with this)

and depending on how loose that gravel is, you'd be better off with 4wd. i know its comparing apples to oranges but there was a graveled lot me and my friends used to run in back in high school (roughly 2000). the surface was a dirt lot that they put a thin layer of gravel on to keep the dust down. so it was hard packed yet very loose at the same time. my friends 1/8 nitro buggy never had an issue. the rest of us were running 1/10 stadium trucks (both electric and nitro). it wasn't so easy for us to drive there. we would have to walk around and kick stuff out of the way and try to level areas off and pack stuff down, fill in ruts and carve out lanes to make it work worth a damn.

Last edited by suburban_hooligan; 01-25-2023 at 05:43 PM.