RCU Forums - View Single Post - Cox International considering production of the Cox .049 Tee Dee
Old 02-14-2023, 11:21 AM
GallopingGhostler

Received 79 Likes on 62 Posts

Yes, I agree, aspeed. Bernie has already indicated he has most of the parts. Gauging by things out of stock on his website, I gather he may lack some of the finer things like needle valve rachet spring, phenolic prop drive plate washer, etc. Otherwise, he has the rest of the parts, including the SPI cylinders and pistons. It will have the non-tapered cylinders typical of the post L.M. Cox Company after sale to Leisure Dynamics, part was phased out.

Been on the back burner, but I am upgrading my earlier .049 Medallion with SPI to R/C with a legacy kit silicon throttle muffler kit obtained a couple years ago.

This ought to convert the Medallion to a nice and reasonably powerful engine. It eliminates power robbing exhaust gas recirculation under muffled conditions, has cylinder has dual internal bypasses to make up for the lack of SPI. Plus, similar to my same vintage R/C Bee, (which was more powerful than a Babe Bee), if muffling not needed, one can remove the silicon muffler cover and obtain wide open power of the engine.

Last edited by GallopingGhostler; 02-14-2023 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Deleted information implying legal liabilities.