RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/6 SCALE TWIN OTTER BUILD
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2023, 09:00 AM
JRSmith
My Feedback: (47)

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dennismiller55
I am interested in tackling a build of John La Belle's Twin Otter. I have his plans in front of me reading to start. This long forum build post on his design would be a great resource, however all the photo attachments are gone (like many great build post here).

Does anyone have photos of this project saved to your computer that you would be willing to share? Anything would be appreciated.
Good to see this post come up. I have John's plans as well and certainly wished I would have purchased a short kit when he was supplying them. I am considering taking on this build as well very soon. I have had the plans scanned and will convert the parts to CAD and then cut them on the Laser and CNC in-house. However, I have no timeframe yet on when I will get started. There would be a lot of little items to reproduce as well, the cowls, the nose landing gear block and vacuum formed parts.

John and shared a few email's in the past about continuing production of the kit, but I have since changed emails and have lost his contact information. It looks like his website is just parked, so that may be a good thing to make contact again. Anyways, glad to see a post come up and looking forward to hearing about your project. Talk soon.

Jason