RCU Forums - View Single Post - Clubs Flying on Army or other Military Property (How Did You Do It)
Old 02-17-2023, 09:19 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rocketman612
franklin m,
Thanks for your insights. Some of what you describe applies to our situation , some not. Once we can review the most current regulations regarding this matter we may or may not have a path forward. My posting here is to learn from other clubs and build off their success. On the upside we do have a field and although expensive it's available 365 days a year.
Pete, good luck to you. The safest way to approach it is to be totally above board and encourage the base to do the same with their higher HQ, Staff Judge Advocate, etc. Yes, it takes longer and will likely result in a "no", but in the end that's better. For if you get a "yes," you've got something to stand on. If you/they try to do it on the lowdown, you have greatly increased risk of having the rug pulled out from you on short notice. As I said, all it takes is one well placed letter to an IG.

One thing I forgot to mention is that you can't use Boy/Girl Scouts as example. Both have specific carve outs in legislation.