RCU Forums - View Single Post - What the hell is going on with rc planes in 2021?
Old 02-19-2023, 06:33 AM
gow589
My Feedback: (1)

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by RCoffroadracer
I think a lot of the problem is there seems to be a "investor" problem going on here like every industry. these sharks have caused everything to come to a halt. the industry in america can no longer continue as a hobby. it has to be ran like a car company where it's not acceptable to sell 100 planes, they have to sell 10k a month or it get the axe.
if it weren't for china, this hobby would be extinct you can bet the farm on that fact. everything we use today is made there because every american and japanese made product we used to use is almost out of business or is. Futaba is about to be the next JR. zero hobby stores sell Futaba products where I live. Hitec is almost there too. they already stopped making radios. and their chargers are just rebranded SkyRc products. there are almost zero Hitec products being sold either.
There are still countless plans and kits to build from. When I started, people built from plans out of magazines routinely. The interest is not there.
The following users liked this post:
David John Davis (03-06-2023)