RCU Forums - View Single Post - FokkeRC 1/5 Spitfire MKIX build log
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2023, 04:37 AM
Wyoturbine

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Findgareth
Certainly is. Grandkids sleepover (????????) prevented progress and definitely falls into labor of love category. Shout out to Rumen @FokkeRC for helping me out and recutting vertical stab parts I screwed up. He is a blessing! Naive of me I guess as I assume a vertical stab is supposed to be more vertical than a drunken sailor! Long way of saying your precision is excellent! (I am mastering the art of shims to get where you want to be.) Anyway, I was re-skimming your thread and - forgive me if I missed - but wondered how you settled on powering your cockpit slider? (Originally I opted for the lazy one piece approach, then morphed to the two piece manual open/close, now at wondering ….. ahh, time, such an elusive commodity!)

Haha I have 3 kids in elementary and middle school, and they keep us very busy! If I get morning or afternoon in the shop here and there I chalk it up to a win.
On the canopy I decided to go with a manual one. It’ll secure with some small strip magnets on with the forward canopy.
Yes Rumen has been very helpful throughout the build. Emails are responded to in a timely manner and any support I’ve needed was answered or fixed and in the mail quickly. He’s great to work with.