RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electronic solutions to modifying glow engines of all sizes to gasoline
Old 03-17-2023, 07:46 PM
Cat 1
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Glowgeek
Nice old design, Bert. Flies great, sounds great. There's something to be said for relaxing Sunday flyers. No adrenaline, no knee knocking and trembling hands, just smooth sailing and sweet aero-bliss.
I've always been a push it to the edge kind of flyer. Never really understood the attraction to slow floaty flying, until I built this a couple of years ago.
Beautiful Lonnie!!! - I have always had a floaty one in the hangar as on those calm evenings its so nice to fly and just "assist" . Touching up the path and bringing it back when needed..

Originally Posted by 1967brutus
Meanwhile, in the Netherlands:
Clubmate Rob and his dad inherited an old long time unused OS FS40 (one of OS' first fourstrokes smaller than .60, so really an oldie, according to OS' timeline introduced in '81).
They also picked up an old unused Robbe Charter for free, so basically for the cost of a set of bearings and the conversion (ignition, solenoid-stuff and telemetry stuff) they had this very nice summer-evening-flyer.
Also beautiful!!!! I had an older OS .40 like this and should have never sold it - Even on glow it was a sweetheart. Found a similar vintage .60 that needs some attention, but will re-identify as a gasser when I get a chance