RCU Forums - View Single Post - Uravitch SE5a
Thread: Uravitch SE5a
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2023, 06:31 AM
Corsair3660

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It’s been a while but I finally finished this plane a few weeks ago. The first try at a maiden didn’t go so well because the Saito would only run at about 3/4 throttle, any higher or lower and it would quit. I messed with it for a while and gave up. The second try went much better. I swapped the Saito for a Magnum .52 that was on my trainer. The maiden flight was great and required very little trimming. One of the upper wing bolts fell out so I only got one flight in. The second time I took it out was flawless, almost. The flight went well no issues with how the plane flew and the landing even looked like I knew what I was doing. I taxied back to the stand and shut the plane down. I set the plane up on one of our run up stands and decided it was a little too windy for this plane so I was going to fly something bigger. As I was refueling the other plane a gust of wind grabbed the SE5 and flipped it over onto the ground. Now it’s back the the shop to fix a hole in the top of the wing and figure out how bad the bottom is because it pushed one of the struts up into the wing 1/8 inch. Hopefully I won’t have to cut the whole bottom of the wing out to repair the mounting block. ​​​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
mgnostic (03-18-2023)