RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Battle System?
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2023, 10:35 AM
Durahl

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Question Tamiya Battle System?

So I finally caved in and got myself a Tamiya Battle System...

...but I'm not quite getting the results I was expecting... At least not on my #56020 Leopard 2A6 which is kinda my prime candidate to run it on.

At first I tried shooting myself via reflecting off a Piece of white Paper ( like described in the TBS's Manual ), then off a CD acting as a Mirror, then by taking the Receiver and placing it directly in front of the LED, then by dismantling the Mushroom and pointing the LED into the Cavity - Nuffin...

So I took my iPhone and used it to check if the IR LED was working which it was... I then took the Receiver off the Leopard 2A6 and hooked it to my #56018 King Tiger shooting it with the Leopard 2A6.
Every full Moon or so it would register a hit having the LED's flash and the KTigers Sound change.

Did the whole thing in reverse connecting the Receiver to the L2A6 with the KTiger now shooting it - Nuffin again.

Question:
a) The TBS Manual references the #56010 Tiger when shooting itself for testing requiring a pair of Switches used for designating the Weight of the Tank to be set to "Test" Mode which the Leopard 2A6 doesn't have - Is this perhaps the cause why it can't shoot itself?
b) Is every shot supposed to register or is there like an invincibility timeframe after a hit where shots do not register?
c) Am I possibly looking at a "TBS faulty" but otherwise still functioning Leopard 2A6 DMD T-07 or is there perhaps a Setting to be enabled I'm not familiar with?