RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tank Battery Telemetry via Crossfire!
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2023, 01:30 AM
Durahl

Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Lightbulb Tank Battery Telemetry via Crossfire!

Greetings!

So, I used to use FrSky Receivers for my Tanks which ( with Certain Receiver Models ) allowed the use of their FLVSS LiPo Battery Sensor being attached to them to get Battery Telemetry on your Radio.
At some point though I started migrating over to TeamBlackSheep Crossfire Receivers entirely as I needed a smaller 8CH PWM Receiver for all the Tech I had added to my Tamiya #56020 Leopard 2A7 than what FrSky had to offer at the time.

This unfortunately caused the loss of Battery Telemetry unless I'd have installed a TBS Core which wasn't going to happen due to the aforementioned space constraints.

Enter the reasonably small Matek System Boards that come in various incarnations like CRSF to SBUS ( handy for 3rd Party Controllers ) and CRSF to PWM ( handy for Tamiya Controllers ) Modules again allowing for Battery Telemetry to be read and sent back to the Radio.
So far, I've only tested it with the SBUS Module on a Beier SFR-1-D, but it is working as expected - Minus a minor Voltage Offset I had to set in the Telemetry Readout for it to match what I measured via a Voltmeter.

Just a hint though... The Boards that come with Pin Headers ( none for the SBUS version ) only supply them in a Straight config - So no space saving 90° bent ones ( at least not for the majority of the Pins ).