RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 03-25-2023, 05:20 PM
Clean

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
Instead, could be the transmitter has gone bad, needs battery replaced, or resync'd. If the wall switch, they wear out, too.
All the transmitters? I have a MyQ hub for it (it hooks into the internet, my phone hits it and it sends the opener signal to the opener) and three different remotes that were programed to it. Thinkin it might have lost it's programming I reprogrammed it, never heard a single remote. The receiver in it is dead. As I mentioned though, not sure I want it opening without me checking to see if it's clear AND there is a side door just to the side of it so I can go in and check then open if I want. However, the closest power to the wall IS above the opener. I'll drop the opener, Open up the power and run a new wire to the wall and down to an outlet then replace the opener. Use it as a button activated only.
Hi Clean, is that a Charybdis on the shelf in the 5th photo from the top?
Yes, that is my OS 40fp powered Charybdis. Haven't flown it in a decade but it's in my garage right now, DON'T know if the engine is still on it and I don't know if I have the counter balance stick. I have video of one short flight but not of my best flight on a low wind day where I took it up and down and back again several times before landing. Nor the next flight where I did that several times THEN the counterbalance stick fell off and it came spiralling down only to spin up again inverted and land in some tall grass where not even the stablizer was ripped off. The stick landed nearby. Then I hung it in the Hobby Shop for several years where the owner would make a big deal of how ugly it was and how he had to explain what it was. Never could tell how much fun he had doing that OR if he was serious. He's an interesting guy. Anyways, he closed the hobby shop and I took it down, settled my accounts and he went onto another business. Bout the 15th he'd had since high school.
But here's the video of my first flight, it was too windy but what the heck. In the video showing the wall in my new shop, where there is a Yellow and green winged plane in the middle next to my wifes senior picture Hanging to the far left are a .049 and .020 Charybdis. Also minus sticks and engines. The 049 last flown in 2005 but plenty of flights with it.
And a 15 size that I only flew once, but this was a test run in the back yard.
I became a grandpa and things got busy.