RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-27-2023, 08:15 AM
mgnostic

Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by donnyman
I was reminded of David's incident with his GUFF burning up when we had a thunderstorm pass by and I made it my business to unplug as much stuff as I could, well too late lightning had already struck, two tv's (33" an 65") Two dvd players, washer and dryer, lounge chair (electric foot rest) and two garage door openers. fortunately I received my compensation from the veterans administration and my pocket was spared somewhat, we are waiting for the new tv to be delivered today, but now I have a lounger blocking my hallway and I am too weak to move it. they no longer will take your old furniture when they deliver the new stuff. I think my wife paid to have the damaged 63" tv removed and the new one installed, I sure can't do it. I figured since we are spend our bucks we may as well enjoy it so we got and 83" tv just for grins. Speaking of televisions, we saw a very vivid screen on one that was outstanding It only cost $7500+ (they gotta be kidding)

I haven't visited my shop in quite sometime and I noticed the electric circuit breaker was popped so I'm guessing my battery chargers are fried. I will check them out as soon as I feel safe to do so. got to get mommas new washer and dryer.
That's pretty much life on the plains of the central U.S. Anything with a chip in it gets its power through a surge protector or it gets fried. As a youngster I can remember running around disconnecting the TV antenna and unplugging appliances whenever a storm came through. You must have had a fairly direct strike if it took out analog devices.