RCU Forums - View Single Post - Towing a Trailer
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2003, 07:46 PM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Towing a Trailer

I just noticed the new replies to this old thread. Since I posted the original question I have since dropped BOTH the GMC pickup and the Grand Caravan! we picked up a '03 Cavalier (not much of an airplaine hauler) in Aug and just recently picked up a '01 Chevy Blazer. funny is the fact that I STILL do not own a trailer yet, but now I am all but commited . I appreciate all the feedback to the original question and just decided to go this route instead. so....

to start another round of questions or comments: should I still opt for a trailer with brakes? I really dont want anything bigger than a 6x10 (a 5 x 10 if I can find one). the Blazer has a 4.3 v6 and rated at 5500 lbs. also, at a local RV show a new breed of camper trailers cought my eye too [8D]. they are a hybrid of a travel trailer and a pop up trailer. the two models I am looking at are 4500 lbs and 4900 lbs. just on the rated limit for the Blazer. any thoughts from you guys? also should I still follow the transmision fluid change sugestion even if I only tow the 6x 10?

thanks for the good reading

Hubb