RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trinity Reflex Build Project - Pic Intensive
Old 11-15-2003, 09:37 PM
Nitroaddict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Trinity Reflex Build Project - Pic Intensive

Well - i picked everything up yesterday. Here is what I got.

- RB Concepts RODY modified V12
- RB Concepts .1mm head shims
- 2 RB Concepts #7 Cold glow plugs
- RB Concepts X12 1 piece polished pipe/header
- Serpent Centax II clutch
- 4 serpent pinion gears.
- 8th scale motor saver air filter
- Gallon of Odonnell 30% fuel

Total Price - 585.00

--------------------------------------------

Today i finished installing everything and going through all the checks. All was well - begin break in proceedures per Rody Roem's instructions.
Most engines in the past I have broken in are usually a bear to start and keep running during initial break in. This one was not that way. It fired in less than a second on the starter box for the first time. Settled into a nice idle, no matter how rich the settings were, the carb never loaded. During the entire breakin process, this engine did not stall once!!!
All I can say is WOW! On the final break in series, I was maintaining the temp at 190-192 degrees - and even at that super rich setting, it was faster than my CV-R. This thing is gonna scream.
One of the coolest things is the sound! At idle, it lopes, sounds like a seriously race cam'ed V8!! At higher RPM it gets on the pipe, and mimics the sound of an F-1 car. One of the sweetest sounds I have ever heard.
The only complaint i have about the engine, is that the head bolts are flat head screws, instead of allen bolts. When Rody reinstalled them, he must have either used a torque wrench, or have arms like a gorrilla. I bent two screwdrivers trying to remove them so that i could install the shims. Finally got them off with a carbide snap on screw driver.
Tomorrow I am bringing it down to the track for final needle settings, and basic suspension tuning. I will report back with the final power results. I will also have pictures of the final car and engine tomorrow as well.