RCU Forums - View Single Post - F3A Formosa ARF Park Flyer GWS
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2003, 03:22 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: F3A Formosa ARF Park Flyer GWS

Hi Donwojtas

The controller that I ordered was the JEC303 Jeti JES 30-3P with the Model Motors MiniAC 1215 /12. I found the data sheets for the controller at http://www.aircraft-world.com/prod_d...ets/ac-esc.htm

The data is a little confusing to me, since I'm new to the electrics, but I think the JEC303 Jeti JES 30-3P is not programmable. I think it just has auto cut off BEC.

I'm currently flying the GWS P51D with the aileron throws set to the instruction sheet. I do find the airlerons sensitive and have programmed my TX so the ailerons are not sensitive near center stick.

I tried to the retime the GWS 300C and 350C motors using various methods as other forums have described, that is:
1. Turning backplate 1/4 turn CW
2. Turning back plate 7mm CW
3. Hooking up meter and checking amperage while turning plate CW (voltage should go up, then return to original setting)
4. Turn out lights and turn CW for least amount of sparks from brushes
5. Turn backplate CW with prop on until max RPM

In all cases, the original setting seem to end up being the best for current draw and RPM, do you think the manufacturer is now adjusting the timing correctly? or am I doing something wrong?

The batteries I use are from the Aerobird 8.4 V 900mah (although I hear they are really rated at 1100mah), so I'm hoping the standard BEC cut off voltage will be suffient. I also use the TX stopwatch function to keep track of my flying time, so I don't come down dead stick (when I remember to look at the time ).

Thanks for all your suggestions, and taking the time to reply. I'll incorporate the suggestions when I'm building.

Best regards,

Wayne Miller