RCU Forums - View Single Post - Whats better!! RC Heli's vs RC Planes
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2002, 07:55 PM
basmntdweller
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats better!! RC Heli's vs RC Planes

Hi Daz,
I still love my planes as well as my helis. I almost always take a heli with me to the field as well as a couple planes. The heli will make you a better airplane flyer by virtue of having to use both sticks equally well. Even with out realizing it, I find myself making rudder corrections on my planes that I used to have to think about before getting into helis. I started with a used Nexus and have since gotten a Fury 60. I still fly the Nexus since it's a relatively cheap crash when I'm trying new things.
Heli flyers generally have a different mindset about their hobby. The setup and maintenance is as much a pleasure as flying. We tend to be more of the perfectionist type, always tuning, adjusting etc. I've read a lot of your posts since I've been on RCU and I think you'd fit right in.
If I was forced to choose between planes and helis I'd keep my helis. They are more of a challenge to fly well and they can be flown in many areas planes can't. I was able to fly my Nexus most of the winter in my side yard. Well, hovering stuff anyway.
I don't think you'll be sorry trying it!
Later,,,basmntdweller