RCU Forums - View Single Post - Electric powered airboats?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 09:02 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Electric powered airboats?

Kmot ,
I know what you are saying . When I bought my 9 yr old , his GP WILDCAT twin 540 cat , and after using it for a while ( changing out battery packs consecutively ) , it DID melt part of the top of cowl. ( caused from the motors )
The motors WERE indeed HOT and the packs warm . I remedied that problem by changing the electric over to nitro and its now got a Megatech M-16 - with pull starter in her .
Oh , I first watercooled the motors , but was not happy with the batteries lasting such a short period of time ( actually , I should say , my sons were not happy ) and I also feared the batteries melting thru. ( was running twin 6 cells parallel )
I realize this is a regular boat propped hull , but the thought is basically the same .
AS PRO said , there is always ways around problems , but its just how "stuck" you are , on doing it a certain way .
Like I previously stated , I would change it over to nitro myself ( don;t really care for those short lived battery packs and yep , I had a Rooster ESC toast on me after getting a little drop of water on it and with THAT kind of monies , I said enough was enough . )