RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hey there! I'm new at this :P
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2003, 11:40 PM
knotteboi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey there! I'm new at this :P

Example of some of my questions:
What is the difference between hard, soft, medium or whatever.. foams for inside your tires? I dont think they are foam.. but rather some kind of lining like this right here -->[link=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3158644815&category=34063]click me [/link]
Also, What about suspension? I can get a set of very soft, soft, medium, hard, and very hard (2 each) suspension sets for 15 dollars.
Also, what about a 2 speed transmission? I think my car comes with a 1 speed...
Also, how do you increase power? How do you make it go faster?
Also, Say I buy an on-road nitro car and want to make it a kind of... Offroad type car to race in the dirt, What would I have to do?
Where is a website to get good parts and information? What about magazines?
How do I know what parts will fit on my car?
What kind of fuel do I use? The local shop specializes in nitro R/C car / truck stuff, They sell ... Traxxs? 15% nitro fuel, is that what I use?
Is there some kind of supercharger or turbo charger I can get for my engine?
I have a pull start, do I still have to use a glow plug igniter thing?
[&:]
What is a servo?
Are most parts universal fits? say... springs, gas tanks, motors, tires, wheels, bodies, etc? I know 200mm for bodies... but what about the pins that go through the body? can you remove them from the car?
Hmmm lets see what else, as they come to me I bring them up :P
Say I have a controller and my brother has one for his car and they are both the same frequency .. 47 mhz? Would they interfere with each other? Could I controll his? or does it only work with it's specific reciever thing?
Do the cars have breaks?

I will have more... just give a few minutes, the woman has called me for the evening :|