RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prolonging the life of my engine
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2003, 12:07 PM
Blackjaxx360
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prolonging the life of my engine

First off, 2 gallons is kinda short for any engine unless you are a serious racer and run super lean. What kind of engine you you have? I've heard of engines lasting 10 gallons and up. I have about 4 1/2 on my 15 FE, which I beat the pi$$ out of and it keeps going despite its sorry performance. 3 gallons on an OS CV-RX, and 2 3/4 gallons on a HPI 21 BB. All of which have their original pistons and sleeves. I haven't rebuilt any engines I currently own. I have in the past though. It is not all that hard as some might claim it to be. But any in case to keep your engine with a long life keep a trail of blue smoke out the exhaust at full throttle. Adding some after run oil after each run is a help. Though it is a controversial subject, it can't hurt your investment, not everyone here has endless spending limits when something goes wrong so a couple of drops for insurance is worth it. When your engine does wear out you have the option of rebuilding or buying a new one. A rebuild kit is relatively cheaper than a new engine but if you opt to buy a new engine you can buy a better, faster one. Choices, Choices! Hope this helps.[sm=thumbup.gif]