RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2003, 05:20 PM
eddieto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who Wants A Free Aero-hawk Heli?!

Hello !
First of all thank you for your offer ! After many years I decided to get back into the R/C scene becouse i needed something to take my mind off my work. As a teenager I used to build and fly airplanes and gliders but recently I challenged myself to try a heli.

I bought my first and only heli ,a Smartech Skylark on Ebay..... big mistake ! as I found out later ... due to the frequency it came with this heli had a mind of it's own and everytime I tried to fly the darn thing it just became possessed and becouse of radio interference frequently it would just spin around violently even when I had my hands off the controls ! I ended up on two occasions sending for more parts....needless to say my heli liked slamming into walls and everything else that was in the way...

After a few weeks telling myself not to give up and thinking that somehow I could domesticate this wild thing I actually got it to hover just a little so I decided it was time to go to a nice large field where I would not have any obstructions.Once at the field I was able to somehow successfully hover the heli higher than I had ever in my wildest dreams ....But .......for whatever reason power was cut off and the little bird came slamming down nose first into the ground tearing up the receiver & gyro .Becouse of the cost to repair I decided that this heli would be sent to rest at heli heaven ...wherever that is

I really have gotten the heli bug and don't plan on giving up this sport anytime soon .I do not have money to buy another heli at this time so all the more frustrating since I am new to this sport and without a heli I can't fly !![&:]

Please don't feel sorry for me as I know that my heli is somewhere resting safely but if you find that I deserve your heli than I would appreciate it from the bottom of my heart .

I do have a digital camera and would take all sorts of pictures and keep you updated as to my progress...Thank you for your time and again for considering giving away your heli.

Keeping my fingers crossed !

Eddie