RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop jet project for 2004
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2003, 02:32 PM
Daren Savage
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Prop jet project for 2004

ORIGINAL: seanreit

Mike, while it's clear you've got skills in computers and such, my experiance with glow powered airplanes up through gas powered airplanes and turbines tells me that the airplane you describe here will never hit 125 mph with a 40 knot tailwind. pusing 9 lbs with as much drag as I see on that airplane with a 60 size banger is going to be marginally fun to fly at best for guys that would expect high performance out of a glow powered banger jet. Take the Tomahawk for instance, I flew one with a Jett 50 and the drag on it alone kept that airplane from achieving over 80 to 90 (estimated) and it's 6 to 7 pounds wet (at least the one I flew).

Nothing personal, but I don't consider what you're showing there to be anything more than an attempt to get Turbine and Ducted Fan Jet pilots to look at your design and possibly a feeble attempt to get us to interested in your project.

Other than the shape of your airplane (which is an obvious knock off of full scale) what about it is supposed to be compelling to the masses (especially the masses in this forum)? And even so, wouldn't it fit better in another area of RCU related to prop driven airplanes?

Now, if you're gonna go through all the work of fiberglass fuse, foam core this and that and present it in this forum, hell, you might as well market it to us as a possible turbine airframe, but you better havfe the funding to go test fly the thing on your turbine, avionics, retracts etc and not ours.

Again, it's clear you have an incredible skill with computers and animation of design, but it's really not clear what you're trying to accomplish on this forum, where'm I wrong?

Sean
Pretty cold there Sean. Would you be more interested if it looked like a 'Roo? I am not sure what you're post is trying to accomplish, but as I was taught, if you can't say anything nice, it's probably better to say nothing.

Daren