RCU Forums - View Single Post - Prop jet project for 2004
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2003, 01:27 AM
seanreit
My Feedback: (60)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Prop jet project for 2004

I went through and carefully read the first two posts of this thread again about three or four times. I have to say I stand by what I wrote and here’s why:

While I agree that anyone should be able to post on this site whatever they want, when I posted that the isobar was coming out last year and that short kits would be available, within three hours my thread was moved to the product announcement forum.

When I read “If it works as expected, I'll make some "short kits" (molded fuselage, canopy, hatch, and foam cores) available for summer of 2004” I took this statement for how it was written, an advertisement.

My expectations in this forum have become over time that this is a place to bring people with the same interests together in specific forums.

I didn’t read the first post as a post related to here’s my design, how can I make it better, I didn’t read it as a hey guys, this is my latest project, since y’all are my friends I wanted to show it to you. Hell, I even did a search and saw that there was already another thread by the same guy with the same topic, same promises, and such in the speed prop jet forum on RCU (which is a far more likely place to have a conversation about a propjet).

Considering that, what I saw was a guy trying to sell me something, that I didn’t ask to be sold on.

Right, wrong, or indifferent, that’s what I saw.

But instead of outright blasting the guy, I complimented him on his pictures (TWICE).

Instead of blasting him I offered my opinion on his speed claims, based on my experience. Apparently some here agree with my opinion and others don’t (on the speed claims). So what.

I didn’t say his design would not appeal to the masses, I simply asked the man what he was hoping to achieve by posting in the Jet Forum. If you read his first post, I think you’ll agree that what he’s hoping to accomplish with the post is unclear, and to be honest, I’m still curious. Is it that he needs help with the slats? Help with the design? Just wanted to show off? Doesn’t matter to me, I just wanted to know.

I then suggested to the man that since he’s already posted this in the jets forum, that if he was going to go through all the work with a mold, hell that’s 90% of the work to make the model to where it could be built both ways. But do your homework if you choose to go the turbine route.

Then I complimented the man AGAIN, and asked him where I was wrong (for clarification)

I never edited the post, I never wavered from what I meant.

Guys, I don’t know this man Mike from anyone, could be the best mold maker in the world, but in the jets forum (not country club elitist) you come to this forum for a reason. You go to the giant scale forum for a reason. We all have friends in this forum, you might have different friends in other forums.

The man answered my question, he simply wanted to share his ideas here. I don’t have a problem with that, I just could not decipher that from his first post, and I’ll bet you can’t either. So I asked.

Maybe I could have written it differently, so what. Maybe this response could have been written differently. So what.

And seriously, what about that first post is supposed to appeal to the people in the jets forum. It’s a valid question considering that the man says kits will be available. How are we (not even we, how am I) a target market for that kit?

While I really like the “Chill out” picture, I’d have to say dean said it best when he said:

After going back and carefully re-reading Shaun's [Sean’s] post I think he ment [meant] it to be more constructive than we are giving him credit for. It's just another example of "If you didn't listen so hard to what I said you would have understood what I ment". Lets give him a break!

It’s late here and I have to fly in the morning. Those that know me would certainly indicate that I mean no ill will for anyone in this hobby except for one person. And those that really know me well, know who that person is. Other than that, I’ll leave you all to make of it what you will, have a great weekend.

Sean