RCU Forums - View Single Post - How to take ding out of wing tip?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2003, 02:38 PM
timrob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to take ding out of wing tip?

CafeenMan,

I like a good rumble, being an Aussie, I will bring a cricket bat, you can do some serious damage with one!

I really enjoy building, so much so, I haven't had the pleasure of flying yet. I have my trainer set to go, but I spend most of my weekend making the Sabre. One of these weekends I will take the plunge.

I saw a thread about what everyone hates about building, well being a newbie, I like most of it, I really like sitting out in the sun with a wing on my lap and sandpaper in hand, and feeling the freshly sanded part forming with each sand. I like gluing, and even the challenge of hinging. Each time in my shed, I learn something new. The best part is seeing something coming together nicely, and be rewarded for all your hard effort. My biggest lesson is to take your time, almost good enough isn't good enough at all.

I am almost too scared to fly with all that money and effort. I hate ARF's, but they serve a purpose. I would much rather be hands on, which is really surprising, as I am not really that handy around the home.

Tim.