RCU Forums - View Single Post - interference problem-servos/RAM rotating beacon
Old 12-18-2003, 02:42 PM
c-130RCpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: interference problem-servos/RAM rotating beacon

Randy:

I think you'll find a capacitor between the two terminals on the beacon motor will eliminate your rf interfeernce. I'm not certain what value cap you'll need, but I beleive a ceramic disc type of about 10,000pf would do the job. If you take apart an older servo, you will often find this type of capacitor soldered between the terminals of the servo's motor. Some servos used two caps, each conected to one of the terminals with the other side of each cap soldered to the motors case. Ace and others made/make glitch busters for servos, but they should not be necessary in your situation. Make certain that the wires and all of the parts for your rotating light are as far away as possible from the antenna, wires, servos, battery and receiver of your radio system. I assume that you are refering to a true rotating beacon with a small motor and not the simulated beacon (flashs slowly to simulate the effect of a rotating beacom) that RAM sells. If you are using a simulated beacon, you may very well need to consider glitch busters, or a means of shielding the stray rf that is making its way to your receiver and affecting your servos.