RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2a Piper J3 (Video)
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 06:45 AM
encan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1/2a Piper J3 (Video)

Hi everyone

As some of you know i have been messing around with this plane called airboss from herr engineering. I liked the kit so much. Laser cut on them is perfect.

So i decided to try another one over this break and as a cristmas gift i bought me a 1/2 a Piper J3 cub from herr engineering again (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXN774&P=7). I love the looks of J3's.

But i am in doubt at some points. 1) Kit recommends .049-.061 engine size for its 48 inch wingspan. Is a babe bee or a Golden bee (I think they are the same engines except the tank) going to give enough power to fly this plane. I dont need to do any aerobics. i just need to fly. 2) As far as i know scale planes are harder to fly. Is it really so hard. The first and only (so far) plane i flew was this airboss. I can say that i can fly it. At least i can land it fairly good enough to avoid breaking stuff. but how about a cub as a second plane? 3) How would be the gliding of this plane. If i use a cox engine i wont have throtle control. (actually i dont want throtle control since i dont want to add the complexity of it yet)

I bought the plane already and i will build it over the break. Building is fun. Please help me to decide wheter i want to hang it to the ceiling, or i want to have fun trying to fly it.

Happy Hollidays,
Engin