RCU Forums - View Single Post - Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2004, 03:37 AM
sonick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?

I'm a general R/C neophyte and just entered the fray via obsessing over the Draganflyer IV after it showed up on the history channel. I've been waiting for this literally since the days of tethered D-cell craft and Armatron was a hot item. It's finally here, and it really isn't as cool as it seems....... IT'S BETTER. THe only thing to consider if you have a pang of desire for this craft, is how quickly can you aquire one without harming your general bill payment dates. Other than that, you only need to know that it's more fun than it even appears. 3 weeks and around 20 hours of stick time here, and went from clueless to proficient hovering, proficient maintenance, and near-proficient 90 degree perceived hovering. Not looking forward to nose-in but I will learn it. I hope to have most maneuvering mastered by 100 hours but I'm not sure if that's realistic, seems to be about right at this right, and i'm NOT naturally gifted with this stuff. Gifted probably would have it mastered completely in 30-40 hours. I have 0 affiliation with Zenon Dragan other than that I gave him $900, and i can say unbiased..... GET ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jayson