RCU Forums - View Single Post - Servo Question
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2004, 01:22 AM
Wolfpack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo Question

This has happened to me on serveral occasions, I am running hitec servos, and at the start of the day the servos will not respond well. If I give full right or left the servo takes a long time to respond or is jittery. After working the servo for a while the servo is fine throughout the day. Then after the plane sits over the week, the servo does the same thing on the initial start-up. slow and jittery to respond, and then after working the servo for a minute or two, the servo works fine for the rest of the day.

A friend of mine says maybe its because I live by the beach and maybe the damp weather is causing the pots to become dirty, and after working them a bit it cleans them off. I am looking for advise. This has happened to one plane, and I eventually replaced the 2 of the 4 servos causing the problem, but now I am noticing the same thing on a second plane of mine. If I am experiancing the problem on mor than one plane, theis must be a widespread problem that most everyone else is seeing. All are hitec standard non-ballbearing, 300's? or something like that. Any help would be appreaciated!