RCU Forums - View Single Post - You wont beleave its Coro!
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2004, 11:03 AM
deadeye11987

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: You wont beleave its Coro!

I will in my spare time on a new thread titled MK -1 Spit start to explain how these wings are built. The model that I am holding is also pictured in flight on page 3 of this fourm under the heading of new coro wing design by I believe ozmo.I will go through this 1 step at a time so any one following this can reproduce this wing exactly or as close to exactly as they like.Everyone who wishes to build one will need to pick up a copy of Spitfire in Action from Squadron publications and have some way of enlarging the 3 views of the MK-1 AND2 spit.I have used both the photo copier machine and a computer scanner .You will also need 2 and 4 mill silver coro.As the plane gets smashed around the paint will chip off here and there and help in the weathering or battle damage look. The model has had 5 mid airs and one full power straight in to frozen ground and is on its 4th kraft motor mount and still looks and flies like it did originally,with a few more of the above mentioned paint chips.This model with a modified Thunder Tiger flys well enough to turn with the Mig 7 High altitude coroplast design no small feat with just a 10% enlargement.The wing is completely coro with the option of wooden wingtips for a super detailed finish. I am trying to get a MK-7 high altitude spit finished to see if the extended wing on that plane will let the model turn inside of one of the Migs.See you on the new thread shortly.
Mike Deadeye Allen
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23232.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	90469