RCU Forums - View Single Post - I sold my T-maxx and bought this........
Old 01-25-2004, 02:24 AM
twinmania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I sold my T-maxx and bought this........

ORIGINAL: bigjdubb

Sweet, keep us updated on how you like the truck.
So far the truck has been rock solid.

Basically, to let you know, OFNA's RTR really means Ready to be Rebuilt. With this one, I had to strip it down to check everything and to loctite everything since it will have 5 horsepower running it. I have gone thru a gallon and nothing has broke so far.

Compared to my old T-maxx, this truck is so fast that I run out of running space quick. It handles and jumps well for a truck this huge.

The best thing I like about it is the sweet sound. As far as tuning, it has also been a breeze unlike the T-maxx which gave me a hard time just to keep it running. With the twin, I simply tune both of them simultaneously to keep their temperature within 5-10 degrees apart.

Also, I tried experementing a little with the air intake. So far, the acceleration improved probably due to cooler air right?:

I will try to post some videos soon as well.

I will also post some pictures of my T-maxx:

Lastly, did you guys notice with the money you spent with your T-maxx, you could have purchased several trucks already. I guess this was the main reason I sold the T-maxx. I only spent $660.00 for the Twin Titan, that's it. No more costly upgrades. No more money pit. I am glad I sold my T-maxx because it is just a never ending upgrade journey. On the other hand, the titan already has all the upgrades you will ever need for your T-maxx (massive CVDs, all-metal drivetrain and gears, large wheels, 143 oz. servo, polished tuned pipes, aluminum shocks, dual steel brakes, etc.).

Just my .02.