View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 10:10 AM
TERBObob
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Guy with Boat Question

Morning OLD COOT ,
Like PHCM said ...
First , is your rudder able to make turns over 12 degrees ? If so , then re-do your servo throws ( really don;t want any more than that , BUT ... up to 18 would be ok )
If your prop is balanced out good ... your liners and bushings should last at LEAST a season or two pending on how much use they get .
Again , like PHCM said , replace .... the stubshaft should have ZERO play . ( if your prop is not balanced , THIS would be a sure fire way to wear your liners/bushings )
You said that the prop was "real" fun sharpening and balancing ... ( hope it was a berillium copper one and not a stainless one ... those stainless ones a TRUE "time consumer" to sharpen verses the BC ones ... )
And I would try just adjusting the servo throw for the grabbing in the turns . In the previous thread , it states that a dual rudder will cause you loss of speed , this is true , but is ALSO true for a turn fin . ANYTIME you place an added item on the boat that will be in the water , will cause drag ... ( of course , somethings more than other )

And as far as being "ON TRACK" ???? Well , as long as you have FUN , and some more fun , and then add a touch bit MORE of fun ... then - YEP .. your on the RIGHT TRACK !
Remember ... SAFETY , and FUN is what its all about !
If you could show us some pics , I know we would really enjoy viewing them , as well ,as being able to better assist you . [8D]
Oh ... and watch those fingers when sharpening those props ... they kind of tend to make mincemeat of your fingers for some reason ...