RCU Forums - View Single Post - STARSHIP 2000, Help me make one please!
Old 02-02-2004, 01:21 PM
Vampire
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: STARSHIP 2000, Help me make one please!

Paul:

I'm in agreement with your comments. It has been sveral years since I have handled this information from my files but from my reccollection and dispite the apparent thrust line as represented in the side view you have depicted, (note propeller angle) the BLUE line in fact represents the original factory thrustline, (circa 1992). I will confirm this evening when I pull my files out as it is possible that the thrust line may have been changed over the years to reflect what you have depicted (red line)and to which I'm in agreement with !

John:

Yes you are correct, it DID have a pair of ST-2500's and has since been retrofitted with a pair of Moki 1.8's w/ counter rotating props. (unlike the full scale in which both rotate CW)

This has yeilded a 40% increase in combined power and a 25% reduction in engine weight !! It is a totally different flying airplane now.

I do have molds of the Fuse and Nacelles and tooling for all the flush windows and a "rough" set of assembley drawings including the Canard sweep screw mechanisum. I'm in the process of repainting my Starship-2000A to the newer paint scheme. I hope to have it out this year after several years of collecting dust in the back cornner of the shop.

E-mail me at the address below an I will provide more deatils per your request for parts etc.