RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby Lobby Skylark e-Conversion
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Hobby Lobby Skylark e-Conversion

To mount my AXI 4120 motor on the Skylark, I initially tried using the PM41001 Aluminum Motor Mount but found that the frame did not fit in the custom fiberglass cowl. I then tried the [link=http://www.hobby-lobby.com/motormt.htm#AXI1]PM41002 Radial Mount Set[/link], and, although it did fit in the cowl, the length was too short.

The length problem was easily solved by using a common piece of PVC available at any home improvement store or hardware store. The 2" coupler (Schedule 40) was a perfect fit. I used 10-32 hardware with 3" long screws and Tee nuts to secure the assembly. I'm sure that #6 or #8 hardware would also work but I didn't find the 3" length screws at Home Depot.

A small ridge runs along the inside of the coupler center that needs to be filed flat where each screw passes. It is a simple job with either a round file or Dremel tool sander.

The motor mounted easily and is rock solid. I used a little Locktite inside the Tee nut threads to help keep it secure. Note that both down thrust and right thrust are built into the firewall.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om33661.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	97591   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22570.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	146.2 KB
ID:	97592   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fl18668.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	91.3 KB