RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Radio to buy?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2004, 06:18 PM
doorman
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Radio to buy?

Your best bet is as mentioned earlier in the posts. Go to the local field where you will be learning and find out what they are using. If you can, meet with your instructor and ask his advise, and then listen to him... He will advise you on the one that he is most used to and it will make both of your jobs a lot easier...
You do not have to worry about the "feel" of a radio right now, since your hands will be shaking most of the first flights anyway, and they are both very good products. I use both and lean toward JR only because that is the one that I am most comfortable with.. One other bit of advise is to purchase a good radio and the 8103 and the 9C both fall into the upper mid range and just below the top of the line.
Go meet your instructor and start asking questions... You are on your way into a hobby that doesn't quit, so have fun and make certain that the advise you are taking is from someone that does know what they are talking about, and not just the "glitter" on the box....Have Fun....