RCU Forums - View Single Post - Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2004, 11:29 AM
RCairPIX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Draganfly iv. Anyone flew it?Control?

Hello to everyone on the board.

I am in the process working my butt off to get one of the DraganFlyer machines.
As a kid, there was a field behind my house that a group of guys bought and converted into
a cool airport for RC planes, jets and helicopters. Since those days of watching the little planes zip
around, I have always wanted one.

I am now 31 years old and recently a practical application brought
the idea of RC airplanes back to me. I work for a Tree Service, and right now my boss is putting in
bids on land clearing jobs. I was thinking it would be really cool if he could have some areal photos of the
property he is trying to check out. I then realized that the cost would be high to hire someone to fly over
and take pictures....but if I could buy a little RC plane....get a wireless cam hooked to it....CHEAP areal photo!

So..I started to look on the web for cameras and planes. I looked at all kinds of planes, helicopters and even blimps and
then WHAM - i ran into this incredible Draganflyer. I MUST HAVE ONE.

It seems to be the perfect thing for what I want to do. I could fly the machine up over sections of the land and get good pictures.

I really want the Draganflyer Xpro or maybe even something custom built to lift 5lbs. I know that is going to cost some big bucks so until I can get the funding to get the big machine I am going to order the smaller DraganFly IV with cam to learn with. I should still be able to get some good pictures with it.

This is a great forum - I would like to share ideas and experiences with you guys when I get my machine - until then I will read your posts and dream of getting my Draganfly. I would love to see pictures from you guys and would be willing to use my web development skills to start a site specially for people who fly DraganFlys. My main interest is areal photo with RC vehicles, but would love to talk about anything. Here is my email [email protected] - contact me anytime.