RCU Forums - View Single Post - Too many choices--need advice.
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2004, 08:45 AM
A1RENCH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Too many choices--need advice.

Twelve grams is about the same weight as two micro servos. This is a huge difference for a lite
parkflyer. It will change the flying characteristics for sure. You definitely want to go with a ball bearing gearbox. The bushed gearboxes cost you a lot of power, and will draw more amps that is just wasted energy. Not to mention the extra noise and sloppy fit! The ball bearing motors are nice, but not as necessary as a ball bearing gearbox. If I add weight to a model, its with heavier,(higher capacity) batteries. The AAA's they recommend for this plane are available in 700MAH capacity, and I usually add at least one more cell than recommended (7 cells in this case). The 280 motors I fly like the KAN650 cell better than the AAA's or the 5/4AAA's , as the voltage capacity is higher at the same amp draw. I'd go with the lighter ESC and a little heavier battery. It's worth another $30 bucks or so for longer flight times and more power!
Hope this helps.
Good flying,
Bud
P.S.>The tomatoes weigh more than the Bacon or Lettuce!! I'm sorry! I couldn't help myself!