RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TLT-1!!
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2004, 09:21 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya TLT-1!!

I have been into RC's for about 3 years now, but i dont spend much money on it, and even though my traxxas electric stampede is a great truck, and fun to drive, im ready to sell it and get something else(havent drove it much at all for the past year). I got my issue of r/c car last night, and while i was flipping through i found the Tamiya TLT-1. I have always liked the solid axle 4wd machines, but i never did want to spend that much money for a 1/8th scale. I kind of would like for this truck to be bigger, but i dont want to pay for a bigger one, and i figure if i get one, and eventually get tired of it, ill trade it off for something else that looks neat. My questions are:1) Do you guys think the TLT-1 would climb and crawl pretty good. 2) Do any of you know how much the kit costs? 3) where can i buy one(got my pede at tower hobbies, but they dont have the tlt-1 yet) 4) Do any of you have any idea how fast this truck would go? It has a 540 motor, so im guessing if you wanted, you could gear it pretty high if you really wanted, but i dont want it FAST, i just want it to be able to go about 10mph, and still crawl good. 5) Do you HAVE TO have the triangle battery pack for it, and does it charge off a normal charger? Thanks for any help guys. I havent done hardly anything with r/c's for the past year or so, and i would really love to have one of these, because i think with a 540 motor this thing would rock! I have all electronics, and the motor(p2k) i would use on my pede right now, so if i sell it, ill just keep the electronics and use them. It will take full size servos right? I just cant get over how good this truck looks, so any help is appreciated.

Eric[8D]