RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TLT-1!!
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2004, 06:59 PM
caseyddr
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tamiya TLT-1!!

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

Thanks a lot for the info caseyddr. Thats the kind of info ive been looking for. Where/why/how did you get to drive it, or see it drove? Would you say it runs about 10mph stock? What kind of motor did it have in it when you drove it? Is it geared low enough to have great torque? How heavy is it(just an estimate)? Sorry for all the questions, but im excited about it, and im just wondering. I think ill buy one when they come into stock at TowerHobbies. Its just an awesome looking truck. Also, do you think there would be an easy way to make it accept a regular 7.2v 6 cell stick pack? Thanks again for all the help everyone.

Eric
The manager of my work brought one in (I work at Hobbytown USA) and tested it out. It's definately pushing faster than 10mph, of course we had a Stock motor in it opposed to the tamiya silver can. The gearing can be changed for torque if you wish because it takes standard pinions and spur gears. As for the 7.2v sticks, highly doubt it. the packs for it are half the length of the regular stick packs. NOW, if you buy a six cell pack and custom build it to fit, i'm sure you could find a configuration to fit into the truck.