RCU Forums - View Single Post - Second flight - worse than the first one! (GeeBee Z)
Old 02-19-2004, 12:13 PM
BykrDan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Second flight - worse than the first one! (GeeBee Z)

Took the GeeBee out for another flight yesterday morning in the driveway, this time with the cowl removed. It weighed a whopping six grams. I had to fasten the battery all the way forward to get the CG close to the right spot. It looks ridiculous, but it's lighter!

The CG must have still been too far back. Seems like I no longer had power OR control this time. One small flight looked kind of promising (must have tossed it just right) - it made it across the street and settled in the neighbor's yard, but the rest just stalled out of the air.

Last night, I went rooting through my stash of props, and I found one from an old free-flight plane, unlabelled, but measuring 4.25 by maybe 2.5. On a whim, I fastened it to the KP00, and WOW! That prop really makes the little plane pull, at least across the carpet in the living room. Finally, this looks very promising.

I am either poised for success, or about the burn up my receiver! Winds are blowing again. We'll know shortly.

Dan.