RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jerky controls at high speed
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 05:25 AM
d16z6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jerky controls at high speed

Hey same thing happens to me too! And I thought I was the only one experiencing this pheomenon... Hmm yeah those twitches can sure get pretty intense and down right scary when blasting down some tight spaces.

My my experience I've noticed the twitches are somehow related to area, battery charge and fuel tuning. In some areas and relative distances I'll notice that the further away you are and the higher your rpms are the higher your chances are twitching. Of course fully charged batterys always does help counter this to some degree but I'm still trying to figure it out for myself. I also noticed it sometimes at a certain degree of rpm that it twitches upon accelerating to top speed.

Another thing that occasionally will cause a twitch is if the engine's high end is set really lean and it cuts in and out for that moment in time, I'll get some twitching action going on too, but I'm not sure if this directly affects the radio system or if the engine's hickup physically causes the drive train to go into distrubance which makes it's way down to the wheels to upset the traction. I'm wondering if also the upseted car balance is leading to some bumpsteer (perceived twitching?)?

But you have some days where it just goes straight w/o twitching at all and that's what I'm looking for also. I just feels that much better when the rc experience goes perfect.