RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brushless Motor questions.
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless Motor questions.

Hi Dopesick,

Again, I'm just starting to use the calculator myself and so we may need someone else with more experience to jump in and help us out, I may not be doing this correctly.

From your information, I think everything is OK. However, I do question why there is two cells in series in parallel.

I like to do aerobatics with my plane so what I do is take the wieght of the plane, and look for the prop that will give me the same thrust in the calculator with my motor. This then becomes the starting point for my selection.

The real test for me is to mount the different props on the plane and point the plane nose up, and give full throttle, I expect the plane to become weightless or to "just" lift (for me more lift is better). Once I find the props that will do this, I then go back to the calculator and check which of the props that give me the least amount of amp draw from my batteries, and therefore more flying time.

The next step is to go to the field and fly to confirm my prop selection, sometimes I need to go the next prop up (in thrust) to give good loops.

Again, I'm sure there are many people more qualified than I and I hope they will jump in and help us out here.

Best regards,

Wayne Miller